IT Engineers are highly skilled professionals who are employed in many different industries to create, install, or troubleshoot technology and software programs. Those having a Bachelor’s Degree in IT related subjects or above, with some global certifications and relevant industry experience are eligible to apply for IT Engineer positions.
Information Security Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Information Security Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA in information systems.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.