Light Duty Driver
Basic Job Description:
Drive a truck or van with a capacity of under 26,000 GVW, primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages within a specified area. May require use of automatic routing or location software. May load and unload truck.
Our business associates from the Arab countries are looking for experienced drivers to work for them.
Job Duties and Tasks for: “Truck Driver, Light or Delivery Service”
1) Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as railroad stations, plants, residences and offices, or within industrial yards.
2) Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
3) Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
4) Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
5) Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
6) Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
7) Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
8) Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
9) Present bills and receipts, and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
10) Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
11) Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
12) Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
13) Drive trucks equipped with public address systems through city streets in order to broadcast announcements for advertising or publicity purposes.
14) Sell and keep records of sales for products from truck inventory.
15) Use and maintain the tools and equipment found on commercial vehicles, such as weighing and measuring devices.